Porcelain crowns are used to completely enclose or “cap” a natural tooth. Crowns are used to restore the health and function of the teeth, and can also be used to enhance the appearance of a tooth. Porcelain crowns are a very durable and strong material that can last many years with proper hygiene and care!
A porcelain crown may be indicated due to the following conditions:
- To restore a tooth with fractured or cracked surfaces
- To restore a tooth with moderate to severe decay
- To enhance the esthetics of the tooth
- To protect and strengthen a tooth that has had root canal therapy
- To complete a dental implant
With our Cerec technology, we are able to make crowns in our office- allowing the patient to have their permanent crown completed in just one visit. This saves our patients time and money by avoiding the wait and the cost of outsourcing to a dental lab.