Tooth decay is one of the most common problems dentists see among patients in general dentistry. Keeping up with good oral hygiene and also visiting your dentist for regular checkups can help aid in healthy teeth and gums. There are several steps you can take to prevent tooth decay, including the following:
- Brush Teeth Daily– Brushing your teeth at least twice a day for two minutes, accompanied with flossing can prevent tooth decay, cavities and gum disease.
- Eat Healthy Snacks– Avoid eating excessive sweets that can potentially alter your blood sugar and damage your health. Eat more healthy snacks that contain healthy protein and fats that will aid in healthy body, which in turn can prevent tooth decay.
- Dental Sealant– This method is done in office by your dentist. The dental sealant is a plastic coating that is usually placed on the molars or premolars to help protect them from decay.
- Fluoride Therapy– Fluoride therapy is the delivery of fluoride to the teeth either topically or systemically. Topical fluoride therapy is when fluoride is applied directly to the teeth, as where in systemic fluoride therapies, fluoride is actually ingested as an additive to water, salt or milk.
- Visit Your Regularly – Seeing your dentist for regular checkups and teeth cleanings can help prevent tooth decay immensely. Professional teeth cleanings are performed by your dentist to remove plaque build-up that can cause tooth decay.
If you would like to know more about how to prevent tooth decay or would like to schedule an appointment for a teeth cleaning call Cline Dental at 417-885-7040 or visit https://www.clinedental.org.